Impacted crop Duck

Rosieposie6

Chirping
Dec 3, 2023
Howdy so I’ve been noticing my female ducks neck doesn’t look so good. I’m thinking impacted crop? She’s laying well eats a lot probably too much, eats grass and her normal grains. What do yall think? And how do I treat it?? I can’t find much on impacted crops for ducks only chickens. From what I could find you keep them from food for 24 hours only access to water. And possibly grit but I have no clue! Has anyone had this issue with ducks?
She kept running from me so I couldn’t get great pictures sorry

Attachments

• IMG_7532.jpeg
    IMG_7532.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7534.jpeg
    IMG_7534.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Impacted crop smells horrible. If you push on it with face close to break you will know! But yes if it is, your treatment plan sounds right. I've never had ducks only dealt with chickens. But overall it's the same between them I imagine.

Impacted crop smells horrible. If you push on it with face close to break you will know! But yes if it is, your treatment plan sounds right. I've never had ducks only dealt with chickens. But overall it's the same between them I imagine.
Yea I actually felt her crop and it was super soft so I think she just might have eaten too much yesterday. I didn’t let her eat for 13 hours and this morning her crop looked perfectly normal yay!

Back
Top Bottom