I'm so old I Remember when:

The bareback riding in the Caribbean was incredible. At points the horses were swimming. There were schools of fish between us and the beach. She was so thrilled that she got to climb the pyramids and swim in cenotes.
Ursuline Girl referred to her High School Ursuline Academy. She, our daughter and countless family attended. Since she would have loved to tell you about it, I will. It was founded in 1727. It is the oldest continually operating girl's school in the country, the oldest Catholic school in the country and the oldest business in New Orleans. It was opened by the Ursuline Sisters on the request of French Crown, to teach the girls of the Louisiana Territory. They took that to mean the white, slave, free, and native girls.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursuline_Academy_(New_Orleans)
A quirk about New Orleans, when someone ask where you went to school, they mean "Where did you go to High School?" :D
Yes! Same here in Canada 😊 grade school - who cares - post secondary- again who cares - but high school.

The bareback riding in the Caribbean was incredible. At points the horses were swimming. There were schools of fish between us and the beach. She was so thrilled that she got to climb the pyramids and swim in cenotes.
Ursuline Chick referred to her High School Ursuline Academy. She, our daughter and countless family attended. Since she would have loved to tell you about it, I will. It was founded in 1727. It is the oldest continually operating girl's school in the country, the oldest Catholic school in the country and the oldest business in New Orleans. It was opened by the Ursuline Sisters on the request of French Crown, to teach the girls of the Louisiana Territory. They took that to mean the white, slave, free, and native girls.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursuline_Academy_(New_Orleans)
A quirk about New Orleans, when someone ask where you went to school, they mean "Where did you go to High School?" :D
What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing such a beautiful memory.

Here is how old I am;
1711149095958.png

Here is one

I am so old I remember ‘when Tinkerbell rings her bell turn the page’ - gosh I remember Heidi the best. And yet that doesn’t seem to ‘ring a bell’ with me as to being a Disney story. Was it? Or am I getting forgetful 😊
I have a whole bunch of records and their books from when I was a kid. I loved them.
1711152104818.jpg

Back
Top Bottom