I'm so old I Remember when:

I WISH I could remember when getting out of bed did not involve soreness or pain of some sort!
Same. Now I need a warm up period before I start my day. 🤣
Getting so old to remember many peculiarities has its cons too. :hugsHope the pains are not too severe and you can take pain killers /physiotherapy to make life worthwhile for many years to come.

I don't wish pain pills on anyone.
I'll hope they're just inconvenient pains that slow you down a tad.
Me neither. But I would rather take paracetamol or aspirins than having to endure pain. Maybe it’s a language thing? We mainly use paracetamol as painkiller. I used a them for several years until recently. And I didn’t need a doctor to buy them.

BTW: I do remember they sold aspirins for children with an orange flavour. 🤣

Me neither. But I would rather take paracetamol or aspirins than having to endure pain. Maybe it’s a language thing? We mainly use paracetamol as painkiller. I used a them for several years until recently. And I didn’t need a doctor to buy them.

BTW: I do remember they sold aspirins for children with an orange flavour. 🤣
TMI ALERT!
I looked up and paracetamol it's Y'all's name for acetaminophen (Tylenol).
1708881021498.png

Problem with acetaminophen comes in when you take too much. 4000mg (in 24 hr) can destroy your liver the first time! For reference, a standard Tylenol has 325mg and an extra strength has 500mg. Do (did) the math 325 X 12 = 3900mg. 500 X 8 = 4000mg.
Another problem with Tylenol is that it's in a LOT of medications. (They must have a Great PR-marketing team.) For example, Percocet and Norco (Lortab & Vicodin) each have 325mg. Tylenol.
I have met people with severe toothache that were taking 15 Tylenol a day.:eek:
I have also met people (in hospice) who OD'd on Tylenol. (It wasn't pretty.)

Last edited:
TMI ALERT!
I looked up and paracetamol is Y'all's name for acetaminophen (Tylenol). View attachment 3757029

Problem with acetaminophen comes in when you take too much. 4000mg can destroy your liver the first time! For reference, a standard Tylenol has 325mg and an extra strength has 500mg. Do (did) the math 325 X 12 = 3900mg. 500 X 8 = 4000mg.
Another problem with Tylenol is that it's in a LOT of medications. (They must have a Great PR-marketing team.) For example, Percocet and Norco (Lortab & Vicodin) each have 325mg. Tylenol.
I have met people with severe toothache that were taking 15 Tylenol a day.:eek:
I have also met people (in hospice) who OD'd on Tylenol. (It wasn't pretty.)
Aleve (12) hour can be rough on our liver too if taking too many or for too long. Probably a lot more than we know are hard on our bodies!

I loved those children's aspirins! I used to fake headaches just to get some! :oops:

These days, some ibuprofen before bed makes mornings much easier.
Yup, so yummy that I grabbed the bottle as a toddler when my mom was distracted for a moment and ate them all.

Trip to the ER for me.

Honestly, with the amount of stuff I did as a young child and ending up at the emergency for it, I'm surprised I wasn't taken away! :lau

Back
Top Bottom