I'm so old I Remember when:

I remember when there were only 3 channels on TV….NBC CBS and ABC. They would each “sign off” every night by playing the national anthem. I guess that’s how I knew it was time to go to bed LOL.
Yup, then it was a real treat when we found 3 more channels on UHF but they were very snowy most days. They pretty much played old black & white movies, lots of Vincent Price horror, Errol Flynn swashbuckling, Fred Astair dancing & Shirley Temple!

My fav Shirley Temple movie, I remember watching 1st time, I was 6 or 7, a cold winter Sunday, both my dad & me on the sofa snuggled under one of grandmom's crocheted square blankets & a wood fireplace going, eating grilled cheese & tomato soup, we watched this movie & both cried 🤣

I recall telling dad I really liked that movie with Shirley Temple & that "old geezer in the forest". 😆
Over the years that expression came up often, I was a bit of a loner & dad would say, what do ya wanna end up like "an old geezer in the forest"? I'd say yes!
Then when "Grizzly Adams" was popular I told dad I want to live like Grizzly Adams & learn to eat & survive like Euell Gibbons.

Screenshot_20240214_112915_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom