I'm so old I Remember when:

back-in-my-day-toilet-paper-meme-e1584814759277.jpg

charmin-coronavirus-meme.jpg

Two species of fire ants are found in Florida. Most notorious is Solenopsis invicta Buren, the red imported fire ant (RIFA), followed by the much less common Solenopsis geminata (Fabricius), the tropical or native fire ant.
View attachment 3739880

Credit to UF/IFAS
I hate to mention it (put the mouth on it) but the only good to come from the Hurricane Katrina floods in '05 is that the 'red ants' haven't come back.
(Rats, coyotes, alligators we got.) :confused:

Last edited:
A couple pages back (I think), someone mentioned ice cream trucks. I hope that's still a thing in some places? They seem to have faded away in the suburban neighborhoods where we and my MIL lived in areas around LA; my guess is, kids aren't running around free outside like they used to so business dried up? One used to go through our hilly La Crescenta neighborhood when our girls were school-age; we'd hear the recorded chimes and they'd go running with their ice cream money to catch it before it left the area.

At my elementary school (50's/60s), the ice cream truck parked on a side street next to the playground and we'd swarm it on hot days after school. Loved the Drumsticks and those orange sherbet push-ups that melted all over our hands as we walked home from school.🥰
There still is one in town I think. I saw one a few years ago. We live in the boonies so of course don't see them. I wonder, is that Shwann (sp?) truck still running? I bet they'd come out here. 😋

<< here's one even our younger thread participants can relate to and will be telling their own kids and grandkids about >>

I'm so old, I remember the great toilet paper panic of 2020.View attachment 3740003View attachment 3740004View attachment 3740005View attachment 3740006
My youngest made me a Christmas ornament that looks like a roll of toilet paper and dated 2020 😂. I spent hours online trying to order TP for my mom on this website that just listed available tp listings...at first I was very casual and just glanced at it once in a while... finally I ended up totally focused and poised to click fast because they disappeared so fast...crazy!

Back
Top Bottom