I'm so old I Remember when:

I remember the 70s styles, cool bikes & the jeans all followed that flared bottom look. Even if they weren't true Bell Bottoms, the jeans all followed that hip hugging, flared leg look. You couldn't even find a regular pair of pants!

That was a bit of an issue with us kids, riding our banana seat, sissy bar, ape hanger handle bar bicycles. Those flared ends of the jeans always got tangled up in the chain & sprocket, with the teeth of the sprocket actually poking holes into the jeans, along with the black grease.

Rolled up flared legs do not stay rolled up & using rubber bands or tucking into socks while peddling was too annoying & never stayed put.

Yup, we just had many jeans with "custom perforated" bell bottoms, but our bikes were the coolest! 😆

Screenshot_20240201_085600_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I remember the 70s styles, cool bikes & the jeans all followed that flared bottom look. Even if they weren't true Bell Bottoms, the jeans all followed that hip hugging, flared leg look. You couldn't even find a regular pair of pants!

That was a bit of an issue with us kids, riding our banana seat, sissy bar, ape hanger handle bar bicycles. Those flared ends of the jeans always got tangled up in the chain & sprocket, with the teeth of the sprocket actually poking holes into the jeans, along with the black grease.

Rolled up flared legs do not stay rolled up & using rubber bands or tucking into socks while peddling was too annoying & never stayed put.

Yup, we just had many jeans with "custom perforated" bell bottoms, but our bikes were the coolest! 😆

View attachment 3738247
Miss my banana seat bike!

I remember mood rings & pet rocks 😆

I remember my older cousin fixing her hair using Dippity-Do & huge curlers with a hair dryer that had a long tube for the hot air to blow into a shower cap looking hat she wore over all those fat rollers.
View attachment 3737501

Oh, yeah, I remember those! My Mom and my best friend had them...the only way to get your hair dry on curlers during those hot, HUMID summer months where we lived in Georgia. Janet used those big rollers, Mom had the sponge ones. My hair would never hold a curl no matter what, so I was spared using the dryer. Just wore it straight with that classy 60s stretchy headband...🙄☺️

Miss my banana seat bike!
Yup, mine had flowers all over it..."Flower Power!"
Screenshot_20240202_083737_Chrome.jpg
One of our "gang" had the famous smiley faces
Screenshot_20240202_083920_Chrome.jpg

We'd hang our 9 volt battery, Realistic, transistor radios at the handle bars & tune in the only AM radio station that played our pop music of the day.
Screenshot_20240202_085114_Pinterest.jpg

We were so cool, listening to Rolling Stones, Beatles & The Supremes, all day til street lights came on, only stopping to get ice cream or popsicles from the ice cream man (IF we were lucky enough to have some quarters), or untangle pant legs. 😆

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom