I'm so old I Remember when:

My daughter knew my last 2 Danes. After them I got an aussie. Daughter was a bit older then and decided she would train the aussie some tricks etc.
It went really well and she thought she was some kind of dog whisper trainer. I never had the heart to tell her your working with an aussie now not a dane. Whole different world of dog.

My daughter knew my last 2 Danes. After them I got an aussie. Daughter was a bit older then and decided she would train the aussie some tricks etc.
It went really well and she thought she was some kind of dog whisper trainer. I never had the heart to tell her your working with an aussie now not a dane. Whole different world of dog.
💯Facts. They say weims are supposed to be smart too but I think Thor is broken

No, I'm the oldest and all my friends ditched me. I've accepted now that I have to wait until I'm old enough, they probably won't let me for another 7 years.

My mum has also said that because I'm a girl I have to wait longer, and that if I were a boy I would be allowed to.
I have a twin brother and it used to, ah, tick me off that he had privileges that I didn't because "he's a boy." What they could not explain to me and I could not understand until I became a parent was that girls are vulnerable in ways that boys are not, and also they are precious to their parents in ways that boys are not. I just thought they thought I was weak or stupid or they didn't trust me or something. It was the world they didn't trust and I understand their love and concern now. Trust me, they mean well even if they can't explain it.

I have a twin brother and it used to, ah, tick me off that he had privileges that I didn't because "he's a boy." What they could not explain to me and I could not understand until I became a parent was that girls are vulnerable in ways that boys are not, and also they are precious to their parents in ways that boys are not. I just thought they thought I was weak or stupid or they didn't trust me or something. It was the world they didn't trust and I understand their love and concern now. Trust me, they mean well even if they can't explain it.
That was very well said.

Thank you, Moony. 🥰
Just made me think but without going into a rant. People are having so many new ideas about how kids should be raised that I wonder if what you said which is exactly how It was when I was a kid and how it was with my kids if it will soon be a thing of the past. And if so how detrimental it may become for young girls in future generations. The world isn't getting any safer.

Just made me think but without going into a rant. People are having so many new ideas about how kids should be raised that I wonder if what you said which is exactly how It was when I was a kid and how it was with my kids if it will soon be a thing of the past. And if so how detrimental it may become for young girls in future generations. The world isn't getting any safer.
It's hard to keep our kids safe, Moony, boys and girls both. At a certain age they stop listening and think they know everything and just go off and do what they darn well please anyway. At that point about all we can do as parents is pray for them and hope they survive it.

It's hard to keep our kids safe, Moony, boys and girls both. At a certain age they stop listening and think they know everything and just go off and do what they darn well please anyway. At that point about all we can do as parents is pray for them and hope they survive it.
So true. I still feel like it's a miracle my 2 girls survived middle school & early high school with some of the stuff they pulled after school while we were at work. Too old for after-school daycare (we lived too far from school to walk home safely) but not wise enough to recognize risky subterfuges about where they were & with whom.☹️🤯 It was great once they got involved in Theater, Flags and Water Polo, that took up all their after-school time in a good way!

So true. I still feel like it's a miracle my 2 girls survived middle school & early high school with some of the stuff they pulled after school while we were at work. Too old for after-school daycare (we lived too far from school to walk home safely) but not wise enough to recognize risky subterfuges about where they were & with whom.☹️🤯 It was great once they got involved in Theater, Flags and Water Polo, that took up all their after-school time in a good way!
It takes nerves of steel to be a parent, doesn't it? Glad all turned out well with your young'uns. And yeah. It probably was a miracle! I need a bumper sticker that reads, "I don't believe in miracles, I DEPEND on them!"

Back
Top Bottom