I'm so old I Remember when:

The horse in the swamp got to me.
I took my son to see that movie (which her enjoyed), but when the horse began to sink in the. swamp of sadness, DS started to yell in the theater, "They're killing the horse!". It was a good opportunity to explain that movies aren't real and they use magic tricks to make things seem real sometimes.
It is a great movie, IMHO.

If you think that's a creepy movie, have you ever watched either Ben or Willard? Those movies came out during my preadolescence. 😵‍💫
:oops: I actually LIKED those movies! 🤭 Granted I was just out of high school and always liked creepy movies...what's not to enjoy about a huge swarm of attack-rats at your service?

The theme song for the "Willard" sequel "Ben" (a sweet ballad about the lonely guy's friendship with Ben the rat leader 😳) was actually a hit on the radio for awhile, won a Golden Globe and was Oscar-nominated Oscar for "Best Song" in 1972...recorded by a very young Michael Jackson!

This film-affection does not extend to wild rats, which I hunt and trap with near-obsession. There's a badly managed, so-called "composting operation" on private property across the creek from us that stinks like the waste-food dump it really is and draws all kinds of critters from bears to coons to possums and especially RATS. Our trail cams regularly record plush gray foxes trotting home with huge fat rats in their jaws -- fresh take-out! [Eat all you want, foxes, and stay away from our chicken yard.]

I suspect that place looks like a scene from "Willard" or "Ben" every night, seething with rats...:sick😡

Anyone remember "A Boy and his Dog"?
Ohhhh, yes, a very well done adaptation of Harlan Ellison's dystopian science fiction story. I was working for tribble-writer David Gerrold's Star Trek business at the time the movie came out, and David & Harlan were friends, so I got to go to a special new-release screening of the movie with my boss/friend that had Harlan there to talk about the movie with the audience. He was delighted with the film version of his story - which was a VERY rare thing for Harlan Ellison!

Most of all, "A boy loves his dog..."😉😳❤️

Back
Top Bottom