I'm so old I Remember when:

I’m not sure what the actual name is, but the back of the handle says Chuck Howard Toy Co.
They have made a modern replica that is safe for the pampered kids today. It has a plastic rod extending out from the handle, on the rod is two pieces that spin on the rod mounted by a plastic V with a ball on the bottom of both Vs. You begin by shaking the rod up & down & get the balls to bouncing against each other until they make a complete circle & bounce against each other at the top & bottom of the rotation.
This worked the same way but was a lot more difficult since each ball is swinging from a string & took hrs of practice to get the rhythm correct & resulted in many bruises on my forearms

I’m not sure what the actual name is, but the back of the handle says Chuck Howard Toy Co.
They have made a modern replica that is safe for the pampered kids today. It has a plastic rod extending out from the handle, on the rod is two pieces that spin on the rod mounted by a plastic V with a ball on the bottom of both Vs. You begin by shaking the rod up & down & get the balls to bouncing against each other until they make a complete circle & bounce against each other at the top & bottom of the rotation.
This worked the same way but was a lot more difficult since each ball is swinging from a string & took hrs of practice to get the rhythm correct & resulted in many bruises on my forearms
Is that the toy the teachers in grade school use a little wooden paddle from to paddle our behinds with?

These stepstool chairs are a classic, for good reason! ❤️ We have a yellow one inherited from my late parents, all dented and paint-splattered from its long career but still on duty in the workshop for us short folks who can't reach above the middle storage shelves.

I tried to find new ones for us and a daughter but there wasn't anything even close to their quality. Some Chinese knock-offs made to look similar, but the Amazon reviews were scathingly bad.😡🙁

These stepstool chairs are a classic, for good reason! ❤️ We have a yellow one inherited from my late parents, all dented and paint-splattered from its long career but still on duty in the workshop for us short folks who can't reach above the middle storage shelves.

I tried to find new ones for us and a daughter but there wasn't anything even close to their quality. Some Chinese knock-offs made to look similar, but the Amazon reviews were scathingly bad.😡🙁
We bought an additional step stool at Costco which is actually better because of the wider deeper steps. It just feels much steadier for getting up to the top cabinet. I remember when so many things were much more durable from toys to furniture before chemists gave us plastics both good and bad.

We bought an additional step stool at Costco which is actually better because of the wider deeper steps. It just feels much steadier for getting up to the top cabinet. I remember when so many things were much more durable from toys to furniture before chemists gave us plastics both good and bad.
My Eureka daughter's a Costco member; guess I'll go with her to check out their step stools - could really use a nice, steady clean one for the kitchen, at least until I learn to levitate up to the top cabinet shelves...hasn't worked so far, dang it.

This link will tell you how dangerous this toy is & the name also!

https://www.cpsc.gov/manufacturer/chuck-howard-toy

Anyone ever had one of these? I’ve had this one at least 40 yrs & just can’t part with it.
Oh I loved those! Mine were blue and I have no idea what they were made of but were rock hard and really hurt when you messed up and the balls hit you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom