I'm so old I Remember when:

Cars: the last rental I had to drive, the emergency brake was a button, right where any passenger could bump it. And how is an electronic gadget supposed to work in a real emergency?!?
Disposable diapers, they were awful in the early 70's, and we were under serious water rationing at the time on Okinawa, so no way to wash cloth diapers. Modern disposables are fine, and even better, I'm not involved.
Mary

I went to bed early but the neighborhood idiots started setting off their fireworks at 2330, thus driving the dogs crazy trying to scratch their way through my door. Which meant I was up with a bed full of 4 Great Pyrenees all trying to cuddle closer in my lap for protection when the city set off the big boomers at midnight.
Our power went out at 10pm auto accident apparently, the breakers going off woke me, then my generator kicked in and didn’t shut down till after midnight. I didn’t even hear it go off I was for once sleeping.

We have a fireworks ban - they are only allowed on Canada Day and our Victoria Day. Which is fine by me and the horses and chooks!

When these started percolating it made the kitchen smell so good!
I haven't seen one in a long time.View attachment 3716482
I was actually thinking this morning about posting this same thing as a memory because I made a pot of coffee in mine today. It’s a regular thing during cold weather for it to be used. I had actually purchased this for power outages during hurricane season but it’s used more frequently & some of my family’s favorite coffee. I bought mine through Home Depot & love it.

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Farberw...h-Blue-Knob-Coffee-Percolator-47794/311418497

Attachments

• 09F7F31E-CBCC-4F56-962B-C7AF528C8863.jpeg
    09F7F31E-CBCC-4F56-962B-C7AF528C8863.jpeg
    486.8 KB · Views: 1
Nothing I say in the following is meant to be hurtful or mean but it’s just things that I have noticed in my few years of life.
I can remember when most families would eat together, at the same table! When children were taught manners, to be obedient & respectful of their elders! When it was unusual to hear of divorces & normal to know marriages of 30-40 yrs.
I remember when kids were sent outdoors to play & encouraged to have an imagination. When kids were taught to read & expand their knowledge & vocabulary at the same time. When kids weren’t raised by the sewage spewed from Hollywood. When crime was unheard of in rural America, we slept at night with our windows open. Our neighbors were our friends & we knew them on a first name basis. When most everyone had respect for a Sunday & the few people who worked only did so in an emergency.

Sorry for the rant, but I was raised rather old fashioned & the state of society is disgusting from the perspective of how I was brought up!

Nothing I say in the following is meant to be hurtful or mean but it’s just things that I have noticed in my few years of life.
I can remember when most families would eat together, at the same table! When children were taught manners, to be obedient & respectful of their elders! When it was unusual to hear of divorces & normal to know marriages of 30-40 yrs.
I remember when kids were sent outdoors to play & encouraged to have an imagination. When kids were taught to read & expand their knowledge & vocabulary at the same time. When kids weren’t raised by the sewage spewed from Hollywood. When crime was unheard of in rural America, we slept at night with our windows open. Our neighbors were our friends & we knew them on a first name basis. When most everyone had respect for a Sunday & the few people who worked only did so in an emergency.

Sorry for the rant, but I was raised rather old fashioned & the state of society is disgusting from the perspective of how I was brought up!
I was raised without television and really appreciate it now. We don't have a tv in the house now either.

Back
Top Bottom