I'm so old I Remember when:

Remember when saltine crackers came in a metal tin? Tubes of crackers inside a plastic bag and stuck inside a reusable metal tin with the cracker brand logo on it. Crackers would stay really fresh packaged like that.

My cousin runs an auction and antique store. He had one of these cracker tins in his shop. He buys stuff from estate sales and holds auctions for people selling out estates when people pass. Lots of old farm implements and household goods.

My aunt made me this quilt a few years ago. She’d sit up late at night cutting out the pieces. It’s amazing how much work it must have been ‘cause all those shapes are made of separate little triangles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 8
My aunt made me this quilt a few years ago. She’d sit up late at night cutting out the pieces. It’s amazing how much work it must have been ‘cause all those shapes are made of separate little triangles.
Years ago there was an Acadian Cultural center in Lafayette, LA (Vermillionville) and our Living History group used to visit and intermingle with the staff. A lady I got to know in the fabrics section came by to visit our campsite. (I had found a bunch of old quilts from our fishing camp and passed them out to the tents.) She almost screamed, "Do you know what you have there?"
Next thing I know two of my old quilts are museum curated and hanging on the wall.
Years later the focus of the museum changed and I got them back. (I think they're in the back of a closet again.)

Years ago there was an Acadian Cultural center in Lafayette, LA (Vermillionville) and our Living History group used to visit and intermingle with the staff. A lady I got to know in the fabrics section came by to visit our campsite. (I had found a bunch of old quilts from our fishing camp and passed them out to the tents.) She almost screamed, "Do you know what you have there?"
Next thing I know two of my old quilts are museum curated and hanging on the wall.
Years later the focus of the museum changed and I got them back. (I think they're in the back of a closet again.)
Treasures!

Back
Top Bottom