I'm so old I Remember when:

Anyone remember 'plastic soldiers'.
View attachment 3667706
My kid brother had a zillion of those! (Whereas I had a zillion plastic farm animals.) Mom always threatened to suck them up with the vacuum cleaner if we didn't pick them up off the living room carpet RIGHT NOW!

My kid brother had a zillion of those! (Whereas I had a zillion plastic farm animals.) Mom always threatened to suck them up with the vacuum cleaner if we didn't pick them up off the living room carpet RIGHT NOW!
That was my family too. Years after we'd quit playing with them, my dad was still turning them up in the garden occasionally. An awful lot of his soldiers and my animals ended up buried in the garden somehow 😂

I had a Datsun B210 hatchback in the late 70s well into the 80s.
The Pinto. There were a bunch of them in the motor pool at work; whenever I had to check out a car to go out in the field, I prayed I wouldn't get stuck with one!
I had a B210 hatchback. I loved it. (It was that 'baby poop' yellow too.)
My ex had a Pinto. I liked it but no one knew just how 'hot' it was then.
1698207537211.png
1698207638055.png

Last edited:
Whereas I had a zillion plastic farm animals.)
I loved my plastic animals! I had a wooden doll house that they all lived in. I never thought of them as “just animals”, they were always animals with human abilities. They were governed by a sort of communist system - there was the leader, named Stag, who was a benevolent dictator and ruled justly but also told everyone exactly what they were doing that day. The interesting thing is I came up with this on my own at three years old as the best form of government :rolleyes:!

Last edited:
I loved my plastic farm animals! I had a wooden doll house that they all lived in. I never thought of them as “just animals”, they were always animals with human abilities. They were governed by a sort of communist system - there was the leader, named Stag, who was a benevolent dictator and ruled justly but also told everyone exactly what they were doing that day. The interesting thing is I came up with this on my own at three years old as the best form of government :rolleyes:!
And it still is by those with a 3 yo's world view, regardless of their age.

Back
Top Bottom