I'm so old I Remember when:

I remember when "old people " looked old.
.... and now they don't

I remember getting the dish towels with the laundry detergent. They were actually pretty good if I'm remembering right. :)
Then there was something, I think it was laundry detergent were you tallied so many boxes and you got a volume of the Funk & Wagnall Encyclopedia. Don't think we ever completed the set, and was it Sinclair gas that gave out wooden nickels for a future purchase of free gas?

I taught my daughter how to change a tire, and she has had to before more than once by herself.
My mom on the other hand has no interest in knowing anything, her attitude is “I have a son & husband that know how to do things, there is no reason for me to know anything “. Yet in the early ‘80’s her 302 maverick had the oil light come on, there was oil in the trunk so she tried adding a qt- but she couldn’t get the preheat vacuum motor off the air cleaner to add it. Yep- she thought you added oil “there”. I knew where it went & added it. I wasn’t even a teenager yet.

I remember when the Father of the Mustang, Lee Iaccoca went to Chrysler when they were in dire straights and fathered the K Car that kept them afloat. When he saved all the jobs for the union workers and kept the company solvent he got a 1.8 million dollar bonus. That was $6 per job saved. Workers didn't see that all they saw and cried foul over was the 1.8 million figure. I think they should have written him a check for $20 from each employee in a thank you note for what he had done. History is a good teacher.

Last edited:
I remember the original Mustangs as a cheap sporty car that a lot of kids had. 6 cylinder engines and a stick shift. About $2300 I think is right. I think I was a Junior in high school and one kid got an orange on I shall never forget.
This was my 1rst car! 289 3 speed on the floor and you could fit 3 men and a boy under the hood to work on the engine. Crager Mag Wheels and Cherry Bomb Glass Packs. Great car until my sister tried to make a new road into the woods. Fortunately she was not hurt.

I remember when the Father of the Mustang, Lee Iaccoca went to Chrysler when they were in dire straights and fathered the K Car that kept them afloat. When he saved all the jobs for the union workers and kept the company solvent he got a 1.8 million dollar bonus. That was $6 per job saved. Workers didn't see that all they saw and cried foul over was the 1.8 million figure. I think they should have written him a check for $20 from each employee in a thank you note for what he had done. History is a good teacher.
We had a couple K cars, first a Reliant, and then an Ares wagon. They were fairly dependable transportation.

Back
Top Bottom