I'm so old I Remember when:

Yes I should. I remember when I first started getting insomnia at the age of 27. Almost half a century ago.
Sorry to hear that arther-itis keeps me up

I check out the barn cams check horses and chooks - entertains me 😁

I remember in late 90s early 00s having a camera in the barn - I connected it to my computer via a video capture card in my computer and collected an image every 15seconds which was sent to my website I built so I could check on sick horses when I was at work or at night sleeping.

Now we have P2P technology where cameras are ‘awakened’ and activated with the use of an application so they can be viewed live streaming! I was so eggcited when that technology became available mainstream for average home users and not just huge businesses.

Spying on the chooks, all that space and the cluster together at one end

22CD15F9-76B4-486B-B2C2-15EA66C4578F.png

Multi-colored, shag carpet. Dark paneling. Stucco ceiling - with sparkles. Wallpaper with flocking (velvet).

Speaking of dishwashers - ours loaded from the top.

Phone cords so long and tangled, we had to stand on the counter-top and let the phone dangle, to unwind. The phone was rotary, of course. I still remember my best friend's phone number. We only included the area code when calling a number outside our area code (long distance), which you didn't dare do until evening, or better yet - the weekend. The cost of placing long distance calls was very high during business hours.

No working on Sundays. Almost everything was closed.

My first job was across the street from the high school at a dime store. Where I met my BFF. Oh, the toys in that store! I'd love to have some of them now, for my grandson
Don't forget Party Lines, and local numbers started with words like Twin Oaks 4 or Oriole 9. Our phone cord went from the dining room up the stair well into my sisters room. Dad was always getting clothes lined on his way to the kitchen.

Don't forget Party Lines, and local numbers started with words like Twin Oaks 4 or Oriole 9. Our phone cord went from the dining room up the stair well into my sisters room. Dad was always getting clothes lined on his way to the kitchen.
LOL Our cord reached through the kitchen, around the fridge, and to the stairs landing.

Our local exchange was "Orlando"

Imagine my dismay at thick heavy snow coming down in middle of June…! Poor horses I had to put their winter blankets on them they had their summer hair as they had shed out their winter hair!

Seen heavy snow here first of Oct… hate winter.
I didn't know horses had different hair for the seasons!

Back
Top Bottom