I'm so old I Remember when:

I remember, when I was around 3 years old, I loved to blow the seeds off of the round puffy flowers. So Daddy took me to a field of these weeds and told me, when he told me to, I was to pick a flower, take a deep breath and blow as hard as I could on the flower. He had the movie camera and was going to film it. So, he said go, I picked the flower, put it in front of my mouth (Daddy's filming) took a deep breath and sucked all the seeds into my mouth. After a few coughs and gags, I was fine. But it was captured on film for all to see for generations. :lau
Do you mean dandelions? Those are very common

I thought I was going to die in Driver's ED, seated behind the driver, who was told to pass a big rig on a one lane one way and the other lane the other way. She pulled out and there was another truck headed straight for our VW Beetle. Thank God the instructor leaned over and yanked the car back into our lane. Hey, I learned to drive standard. I taught my son and DD to drive standard.
Dad made all of us learn on a standard. I resisted. He insisted: if I learned on a standard, I would always know how; if I didn't learn on a standard, I would probably never learn. I've been thankful more than once that I learned to drive a standard. (That's what I drove throughout my college years. I was especially grateful to know how when I needed to drive my husband's truck at times.)

I bought a tetherball the other day for our border collie as I saw somewhere a border collie playing with it. Hubby saw I bought that and he said he remembered him and his buddy playing that in school and he got smacked in the face so hard he really would rather I didn't make him set this up for our dog. :lau
My reaction was laughter. Then I remembered the time my niece got a concussion playing tetherball. She still has horrible headaches regularly (at least 10 years later).

My reaction was laughter. Then I remembered the time my niece got a concussion playing tetherball. She still has horrible headaches regularly (at least 10 years later).
Oh, no! That's horrible.
Hubby must be having bad memories as it's still just hanging limply in the entryway. I'll have to remind him, this is for the dog, not you!

My oldest had an imaginary friend when she was little...that song inspired it. Her personal dragon friend. I'll never forget when she introduced me to him. I said hi, nice to meet you and pretended to shake his hand. My knee high kid said "That's not his hand mom! His hands up higher!" Hope I just shook air 😬🥴😂

Back
Top Bottom