I'm so old I Remember when:

Ahhh, yes! Before we moved to the country, the whole neighborhood full of kids would be outside playing till dinnertime, at each others' yards or in the surrounding woods & fields. Each Mom had her own way of calling her kids home. One used an old ranch-style triangle, another blew a conch shell. We wished Mom would try the classic Tarzan yell (which Carol Burnett did wonderfully on her show that we loved so much!)
I wanted to have this probably more than anything. Never had any friends, just me and my little sister. But I was able to make up for it with my overactive imagination - all my stuffed animals were my friends and life became even better when we got two chickens!

I remember when speed limits were reduced to 55mph nationwide for several years. Until better car safety features became standard and states started enforcing seat belt laws, then they dropped that law.
Double nickels had nothing to do safety. It was all about the gas shortage. I appreciated the improved gas mileage.

Last edited:
I remember when speed limits were reduced to 55mph nationwide for several years. Until better car safety features became standard and states started enforcing seat belt laws, then they dropped that law.
I remember when the limit was reduced to 55 to conserve gas. That law was ruled unconstitutional.

Back
Top Bottom