I'm so old I Remember when:

Pics
I remember sleeping out under the stars on the ground as a kid. The lightning bugs were so plentiful it was like watching the stars dance. I’ve read that light pollution may be killing them off 😔
When I was growing up back east, we had lots of them. I was out here for many years before I had seen any here. They are around but I never see them light up but then I am normally in the house after dark thirty.

When I was growing up back east, we had lots of them. I was out here for many years before I had seen any here. They are around but I never see them light up but then I am normally in the house after dark thirty.
Gosh you need to go and see them - amazing to see. A couple summers ago I was up with my RLS bothering me, so I went out to the back paddock to check the horses, it was such a lovely night around 1am, very warm the stars were shining, no moon, and a gazzillion fireflies (that’s what we call them) just flashing - and of course my useless camera won’t take night photos like my old camera. But good thing my ‘memory had a roll of film’ 🥰

What an amazing memory, thanks for making me remember 💕

Hahahaha thanks that’s hilarious! My nieces would pull that with those friends here, we have a couple of rotary phones still and they knew how they worked but their friends didn’t - they would howl with laughter - kids - just love them 💕
Makes me want to find one at a thrift store - and other gadgets they're not familiar with - just to try it out on my grandkids and their friends!

I remember sleeping outside under the stars in the summer time. We slept on cloth bags filled with hay, called pallet beds. It sounds very itchy to me now, but when I was a kid that was the best sleep ever. The breeze, the crickets, the coyotes howling just past the tree line. :love
Eeeek! I know they're not wolves, but coyotes have been known to carry off pets and small children!!! Creeps me out every time I hear them howling. And you slept outside listening to that? And enjoyed it?

Nehi soda was a dime with a nickel back on the bottle and it REALLY was knee high.

OIP (3).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom