I'm looking for LF Bielefelder hatching egg's- FOUND

@AgnesGray I have the ebay ones from skywalker there, and my last batch that I moved out into the grow-out pen was from Omega Hill's in Mississippi. All are doing great, and since I do live out here in the Arizona desert, my hatched ebay egg's went though the heat here last summer. I am now hatching egg's from them.
I am considering Bielefelders. Would you tell me about yours please? How friendly are they? Do they lay well?

I am considering Bielefelders. Would you tell me about yours please? How friendly are they? Do they lay well?
As of yesterday I've gotten 86 eggs out of 9 hen's for this month already. I haven't checked for today's yet. I don't baby mine, as I wasn't looking for lap chicken's, and I do not free range them. The rooster leaves me alone when I go in there and moves out of my way when I walk towards him.

Bielefelder flock 2023.jpg

As of yesterday I've gotten 86 eggs out of 9 hen's for this month already. I haven't checked for today's yet. I don't baby mine, as I wasn't looking for lap chicken's, and I do not free range them. The rooster leaves me alone when I go in there and moves out of my way when I walk towards him.
Thank you. How old are your birds?

I don't baby my birds either, I don't need lap pets. But I do want non-aggressive birds that won't peck my kids when they go to get eggs, and a rooster that won't attack me or kids. I let them out for a couple hours each day in the cold months, but they stay the coop & run all day whenever something is growing in the garden (from now until late fall).

Sounds like this breed may work well for me.

Thank you. How old are your birds?

I don't baby my birds either, I don't need lap pets. But I do want non-aggressive birds that won't peck my kids when they go to get eggs, and a rooster that won't attack me or kids. I let them out for a couple hours each day in the cold months, but they stay the coop & run all day whenever something is growing in the garden (from now until late fall).

Sounds like this breed may work well for me.
I have different age's as I bought them as hatching egg's from different states. I wanted to be able to have some that would not be brother's and sister's, so that I could breed them. I was looking to have gene diversity. My first batch that I hatched was back in November of 2021. Yes, I do keep record's of what I hatch.

My rooster named himself. I was inside of the house one day when I heard the noise he was making out at the coop. I went out there to see what the problem was. There was a hawk sitting on top of a barrel right outside of the run. The hawk flew off when it seen me. All of the girls had run inside of the coop, and only the rooster was still outside in the pen. That day he earned the name of Hawkeye. The hawk would not have been able to get in there, but Hawkeye didn't realize that.

I have different age's as I bought them as hatching egg's from different states. I wanted to be able to have some that would not be brother's and sister's, so that I could breed them. I was looking to have gene diversity. My first batch that I hatched was back in November of 2021. Yes, I do keep record's of what I hatch.

My rooster named himself. I was inside of the house one day when I heard the noise he was making out at the coop. I went out there to see what the problem was. There was a hawk sitting on top of a barrel right outside of the run. The hawk flew off when it seen me. All of the girls had run inside of the coop, and only the rooster was still outside in the pen. That day he earned the name of Hawkeye. The hawk would not have been able to get in there, but Hawkeye didn't realize that.
Great name!!!

I have 4 Bielefelder pullets from Mt Healthy, and they are easily my favorite chickens (DON'T tell the others, please!). They are quiet, lay well, and just nice birds.

I do want a lap chicken, and two of them are, which I like very well. One of them has broken my "biggest" egg record twice.

My rooster is not a Bielefelder, but when he's gone, he'll be replaced with one.

Back
Top Bottom