Illinois...

L
looks good
I also say hardware cloth over the field fence. I was chasing a opossum and it went through the same size fencing. If the head fits they shift their shoulders and ooze through.
Also my favorite mink and weasels go through a hole larger than half inch. I seen the same field fence wiggling and the jakes looking at it. I found a mink trying to pull a freshly killed pullet through the fence. A piece at a time.

Baby Seramas
A452E25D-B6F9-4D8F-99F6-9001C6CDE890.jpeg

Baby Spitzhaubens
ABF1AA72-63F8-41F3-9E30-BD2BA1EF9976.jpeg

7F9E2FDA-409D-4DFE-B7B6-00780007CD3C.jpeg

L

looks good
I also say hardware cloth over the field fence. I was chasing a opossum and it went through the same size fencing. If the head fits they shift their shoulders and ooze through.
Also my favorite mink and weasels go through a hole larger than half inch. I seen the same field fence wiggling and the jakes looking at it. I found a mink trying to pull a freshly killed pullet through the fence. A piece at a time.

I will likely add the hardware cloth eventually. Winter is when the possums are the most aggressive it seems. I assume it's that their food supply is limited. So perhaps I'll try to get hardware cloth up before then. The automatic door helps too though as it closes in the evening just as the possums are getting active and opens again when the sun is up and it's much safer.

Back
Top Bottom