I'll take Chicken Breeds for $1000 Alex! (Photos to guess chicks)

Greendecember

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 21, 2010
Oklahoma
I bought these lovely chicks March 11th & 14th the day they arrived at the Feed store. They were from Ideal Poultry. Ideal is in Tx. I am in OK. So I assume they were 1-3 days old when I got them. They are a tad older in these pics.
These are not all the chicks I got as some were duplicate breeds. Some in these pics I assume are duplicates too. Each chick is photographed straight on and from the profile. Much like a jail photo so I guess you could call them my little Jail Birds LOL

74286_1achicksidentifier1b.jpg

74286_1achicksidentifier2b.jpg

I will comment with what I THINK they MIGHT be LOL after more people post I'll try to keep a running tab for easy reference.

Please let us know if you think a chick SCREAMS Male or Female of their breed
big_smile.png

Have Fun!

my uneducated Guesses & Some edited from others who have posted

1. bantam
2. bantam Americana
3. begian D'Anver
4. bantam d'uccle
5. bantam Americana
6. bantam
7. Buttercup, bantam sebright, Araucana, gold campine,
8. Brown Leghorn

A. Silver Lace Wyandotte
B. Polish Crested
C. black Japanese, Wyandotte
D.bantam old English game
E. White Cochin
F. Polish Crested, White Crested Black

Last edited:
Quote:
I am really taking stabbs in the dark at what they are. The only one I am fairly confident about is the Brown Leghorn hehe and the Polish Crested. As far as what kind of polish crested I'm not for sure.

Quote:
#8 was in a bin with a bunch of others that looks exactly alike. They were labled "Brown Leghorn" it was not a Bantam but was smaller than the rest of the brood. She died from I assume failure to thrive
sad.png
All the rest in the pics are still with us though.

The ones I am 99% sure are Bantams were in a bin marked "Assorted Bantam straight run" and are still noticeably smaller than the rest of the chicks.

Aside from the Bantams, the Brown Leghorns, and the Black Sex link Pullets the rest at the feed store were labeled assorted strait run.

Quote:
LOL #7 looks like a little Bandito huh? I was just in the brooder room and she was terrorizing the rest of her brooder mates LOL I'll get some more pics up soon as I can
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom