If you thought about getting a pet, adopt from a local shelter! Shelter Pets need you!!!!!! Please Help!!!!!

Will you consider adopting from your local animal shelter?

• Maybe

• Yes!!!!!

• I would if I could, but I can't.

• I will consider it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
We only adopt dogs from shelters, and have NEVER regretted it. My mom adopted a young springer spaniel with heartworms that was on the list to be killed, beautiful dog, sweetest ever too, but no-one would take her. Had her 16-17 YEARS. Second dog, 4th year of having her now. German shepherd sheltie mix, un-wanted by everyone but us. Beautiful, fluffy, sweet, and darling!!! She is now about 13. Yes, 13. We found a pure German Shepherd on January 1st. Probably dumped, because he was scared of everything. No tag, collar, or microchip, called local shelter, no one asked about him. Looked for posters in vet's office and on internet, searched area, NOTHING. He is less than 1 year old. We adopted him.

I completely agree with you @ILoveDaffy!

We adopted our rabbit and two kittens from the shelter! We even helped out by fostering a mama and her babies until they were old enough to be adopted! ❤️ We did that 3 times, and once without the mommy. (the kittens were already 8 weeks old but we had to make sure they weren't sick or anything. We ended up picking two from that litter. :D )

Think of it this way: when you adopt just 1 animal from the shelter, you and really saving TWO lives!

Reason??? - Yup!

👇⬇️⏬🔻

You are adopting an animal, but also making room for another animal to be saved! So really, you are saving TWO lives!

No thanks.

I prefer a well bred pure bred from health tested parents and a known background 😘
What?? I know that its smart to know a background, but these are animals lives, if you were an animal in a shelter, you would want to live, right? Not to be rude, but some people dont get shelter animals because their not "purebred". So what? An inbred mix can give anyone the same amount of happiness a purebred can.

What?? I know that its smart to know a background, but these are animals lives, if you were an animal in a shelter, you would want to live, right? Not to be rude, but some people dont get shelter animals because their not "purebred". So what? An inbred mix can give anyone the same amount of happiness a purebred can.

Because I value a well bred pure bred, who is healthy, and who will fit in with my family.

I am a dog trainer. I need dogs proven in their work.

Sorry if you don't like it, but shelter dogs aren't my problem. I didn't put them there.

"There are exactly two ways to obtain a puppy or dog: adopt from a rescue, shelter, or pound; or to buy from a responsible breeder"

I choose to buy from a responsible breeder. Deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom