I think my duckling is dying HELP!

SikyDuck

Hatching
May 16, 2023
My duckling hatched 4 days ago, first 2-3 days he was acting wierd, wringling his neck, not standing, not eating on his own. Today he is just laying there in the fetal position and not doing anything. I dissolved some vitamin d3 (heard its good for them) in some water and gave it to him in his first days.
He ate and he drank but not hy himself, i had to feed him.
Any help is appreciated:/

Unfortunately it does not sound good and there's only so much you can do. Is he eating duckling feed?

No, i gave him corn flower and water, plus the vitamin B3
Can i give him any vitamins or anything? Like i read about brewers yeast that has niacin?
Idk:/

Can i give him any vitamins or anything? Like i read about brewers yeast that has niacin?
Im in a rural part and not many people use specific animal feed only rarely or for grown animals, people usually give corn flower to chicks and or ducklings

Can you not get proper feed? Proper feed is really important at preventing things like this.

Unfortunately it does not sound good and there's only so much you can do. Is he eating duckling feed?
He only ate 3 days until now, today the fourth day he isnt really moving or anything, just breathing, sometimes he chirps or opens his mouth

Im in a rural part and not many people use specific animal feed only rarely or for grown animals, people usually give corn flower to chicks and or ducklings
That sucks. I doubt niacin is going to help if the poor thing doesn't have a better diet. Is it eating on it's own?

Can you not get proper feed? Proper feed is really important at preventing things like this.
Ill try get proper feed, i just never had this happen for chicks or ducks, could he might have some disability or injuri from his mother, the duck after the ducklinga hatched she started pecking (i think trying to take the eggshell of them) and she may have hit him or something, idk

He only ate 3 days until now, today the fourth day he isnt really moving or anything, just breathing, sometimes he chirps or opens his mouth
Poor thing sound like he is going down hill. I don't know what you can try if you can't get good nutrition in to him.

That sucks. I doubt niacin is going to help if the poor thing doesn't have a better diet. Is it eating on it's own?
Thats the thing, he never ate on his own. I had to feed him from his first hour until now, thats why im thinking he might have something from birth

Back
Top Bottom