I need to know where ROOSTERS are allowed in Florida.

HOUDINI1961

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 17, 2010
FLORIDA
I live in Fort Lauderdale and luckily my 3 roosters are at a business that has rescued animals so code enforcement does not bother with us. But I know they cannot live there forever and I am looking to move out of Fort Lauderdale to somewhere quieter that allows roosters.

I really love my roosters, they have changed my life. When they come when called by their name or shut their eyes and relax in my arms. Wow, what a great feeling. Wish I could afford to start up a rooster rescue place.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I was researching Ocala but it is very hard to find out about roosters. There is much more info on hens.

So those of you out there who have roosters and have no problems PLEASE let me know what areas you live in.

Thanks.

Michael

PS: Tried to load a photo in this post for half an hour. It doesn't work.

Most of Florida roosters are fine so long as you live outside of city limits. There are many folks who keep birds in the Ocala area though not necessarily within the incorporated limits of the city.

You have to look at the zoning in the areas you are interested in..... As it can differ from house to house and street to street. If you are looking for more farmland...Ocala has a good bit of horse farms and such. Middleburg. ...KeystoneHeights are farther north. ..but are known for more country areas etc...

If you live in somewhere zoned agriculture you are pretty safe but just double check to be xtra sure. In Jacksonville, you have to be zoned rural residential or ag to have a bunch of crowing roosters like I do LOL! I love roos as well. There would be so much missing from my chicken flocks without the roosters! They have such personality.

I live in Fort Lauderdale and luckily my 3 roosters are at a business that has rescued animals so code enforcement does not bother with us. But I know they cannot live there forever and I am looking to move out of Fort Lauderdale to somewhere quieter that allows roosters.

I really love my roosters, they have changed my life. When they come when called by their name or shut their eyes and relax in my arms. Wow, what a great feeling. Wish I could afford to start up a rooster rescue place.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I was researching Ocala but it is very hard to find out about roosters. There is much more info on hens.

So those of you out there who have roosters and have no problems PLEASE let me know what areas you live in.

Thanks.

Michael

PS: Tried to load a photo in this post for half an hour. It doesn't work.
Hi I need someone to rescue my rooster I live in Oakland park in in distress call me 561 507 3221

Back
Top Bottom