I need help

Aug 1, 2023
Hey, Foxglove, one of my older chicks, got out last night and no one could find him. Now he’s back, he just stands still with his eyes closed. I think he’s got diarrhea too. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 72D7CC9E-1645-4326-8B67-010064E6EDEF.jpeg
    72D7CC9E-1645-4326-8B67-010064E6EDEF.jpeg
    625.7 KB · Views: 22
🙁 awwww... My guess is he is traumatized and exhausted. If he prefers the company of other chicks then maybe put him with 1 or 2 in a quiet warm place, I would check him for injuries, and give him some nutri drench or electrolytes. I hope he bounces back soon..please keep us posted.
🙏🙏

🙁 awwww... My guess is he is traumatized and exhausted. If he prefers the company of other chicks then maybe put him with 1 or 2 in a quiet warm place, I would check him for injuries, and give him some nutri drench or electrolytes. I hope he bounces back soon..please keep us posted.
🙏🙏
K. I have electrolytes, and he is with his 10 siblings in a large run.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
He may still feel scared and freaked out-- so sometimes a warm quiet place will help calm him- I've seen chickens survive attacks or trauma and then just die days later from stress. Anything you can do to provide him with quiet, calm & warm. Hopefully you can get some water & food in him- that will make a huge difference in his outcome.

Back
Top Bottom