I NEED HELP WITH MY CHICKEN COOP!

We just finished our coop. We converted an old wood shed into a real nice place for our chickens. We needed to replace a floor board, we did that with extra peices of wood that was laying around. We replaced a wall with a sheet of 1/2 in plywood. And covered the floor with lynolium. Added 2 windows that were here waiting for a hole to go into. An wa la. Instant coop. I don't think we spent more then $50 so far.
We need to add a fenced area soon. Not sure what that would cost, but not close to $2000. That's outlandish.

Good Luck in Your Search.
smile.png

Hi, New here and just wanted to add my 2 cents. I picked up wooden frames from our local Farm implement business, they were thrown away and they gave them to me, all I had to do was haul them off. They are very sturdy frames used to ship machinery in. Just another idea. Good Luck:)

Thanks to all for all of your help. Me and my dad are about to head down to lowes and pick up a shed
big_smile.png

I had to comment on this. I build a 6.5 X 32' chicken coop and 10-16' X32' chicken pen covered in wire with roosts, 12 nest boxes, electricity installed, a chicken door (that I had cut at a local metal fabricator) and a 7- gal waterer and 22-lb feeder for 42 chickens and it probably cost me about $500 - $600. Granted the roof and poles holding the roof up (from a wood shed were already there and I have a dirt floor, but I can't imagine $2,000 for a chicken coop for 4 or 5 chickens. He must have been going to make it out of Rosewood with real gold hardware.

Anyway, I'm sure you can get something perfectly usable from a local place like Lowes for tones and with that few chickens, you could have it do double duty as a shed for storage or something. 4 or 5 chickens don't take up that much room.

Here is a $500-$600 chicken coop that houses 42:

frontview1.jpg

chickenyard.jpg

interiorview.jpg

interiorview2.jpg

Best wishes with your chickens, they're allot of fun
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom