I need help now!!!!

chickaboo7

Songster
12 Years
May 18, 2007
Manahawkin NJ
My baby silkie won't get up I don't know if it's a broken leg or what she is about 3mo.old She is also making a funny sound like when you rub 2 marbles together. She is also mouth breathing. The big hens are checking her out but just walking no pecking etc. I have the same prob. as poor Roy. vets around here don't treat replaceable pets.

take your silkie inside and separate from the others...it could be it received a peck on the head that has knocked it out (I had one that that happened to) ... or it could be a very poisonous substance it ate that has knocked it out (botulism or a toxic substance or plant> had a silkie die from that too)... I have to leave but will check back in an hour to see if you have new symptoms to report...keep her warm (but not too warm if the weather is hot by you...round 80 degrees and draft free is good)...
fl.gif

Last edited:
I've ruled out poison. We run an organic home, nothing that Mother Earth has given us will get to my girls. the peck on the head makes sense since she lives with standard hens. She is not the only bantam the pen. She is inside now and resting on my lap.

Back
Top Bottom