I just need to rant! Sorry

ejtrout31

Crowing
Aug 13, 2018
Deer River Minnesota
As a 4H member i know summer is officially here when i am moving this years chicks outside and start halter breaking my beef cattle for fair.
Well this year i most likely will not be showing my poultry or cattle in person at county fair, state fair and other events.

Our leaders tell us that we will still be able to present our animals to a judge some way or another. But it is not just the showing and the prizes. its the time we spend with the animals and how we grow and learn. Its the friends we only see a few times a year at these events. Yet this year i am still halter breaking my heifers for a fair that wont happen. I am study my poultry knowledge for a showmanship competition that wont happen. I am raising my geese, chickens and turkeys to be champions in events they wont even got to. I spent my last couple of days crying well i work on my perfect show ring circle with my heifer because it wont actually happen but part of me wants it to.

I may not be a graduating senior who will miss my last year is 4H but i am missing the thing that i live for, the reason i wake up every morning. I am missing seeing my best friends and spending time together.

Sorry just needed to rant for a bit! I know a lot of other 4h people feel the same way!

Comment back with what you are missing out on this summer and lets be here for eachother.

Hey, I feel for you. While I don't actively show animals in 4H, I do like to go to the fairs and walk around their poultry section. Last year I wasn't able to see that because I live in the Newcastle's disease no-mail zone, which means most people were not able to get chicks. This year I am likely not going to be able to see it because of COVID-19. I'm very sorry you are unable to show your animals.

Hey, I feel for you. While I don't actively show animals in 4H, I do like to go to the fairs and walk around their poultry section. Last year I wasn't able to see that because I live in the Newcastle's disease no-mail zone, which means most people were not able to get chicks. This year I am likely not going to be able to see it because of COVID-19. I'm very sorry you are unable to show your animals.
thank you

Many events are going to be no-shows this year. There will be a lot of hurt and resentment, anger and bitterness over lost events and missed opportunities this year, especially because it's not your fault. But I just want to remind you guys, you kids, you young people - why you're doing this, why you're making these big, major inconvenient sacrifices. Why you're missing out. It's for us. All of us. You are saving lives. Your grandmother. Your mom. Your dad, your uncle. Your teacher. Your little brother or sister. It's for the nurse. The doctor, the EMT the ambulance driver, the cop, all the front-line workers, the essential workers, who's going to take care of you or your grandpa or your teacher or your uncle or your kid brother. We are not just taking cre of ourselves this time, America, we are taking care of each other. See this mask? It doesn't protect me. It protects you. I wear because I care! So you wear yours too, please! Have a private graduation. Or a graduation parade. Take care of you, and your loved ones! You make us proud, you covid-19 kids. Nobody has had to harness the sun like you guys. It's ironic, nobody is going viral in a good way like you guys. You are innovators and influencers, inventors and creators like we've never seen before. And we are absolutely in awe of you, Class of 2020! We owe you big time! Yay, you!

Many events are going to be no-shows this year. There will be a lot of hurt and resentment, anger and bitterness over lost events and missed opportunities this year, especially because it's not your fault. But I just want to remind you guys, you kids, you young people - why you're doing this, why you're making these big, major inconvenient sacrifices. Why you're missing out. It's for us. All of us. You are saving lives. Your grandmother. Your mom. Your dad, your uncle. Your teacher. Your little brother or sister. It's for the nurse. The doctor, the EMT the ambulance driver, the cop, all the front-line workers, the essential workers, who's going to take care of you or your grandpa or your teacher or your uncle or your kid brother. We are not just taking cre of ourselves this time, America, we are taking care of each other. See this mask? It doesn't protect me. It protects you. I wear because I care! So you wear yours too, please! Have a private graduation. Or a graduation parade. Take care of you, and your loved ones! You make us proud, you covid-19 kids. Nobody has had to harness the sun like you guys. It's ironic, nobody is going viral in a good way like you guys. You are innovators and influencers, inventors and creators like we've never seen before. And we are absolutely in awe of you, Class of 2020! We owe you big time! Yay, you!
Very True! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom