I get by with a little help from my friends ❤️

Tumbleweedlynn

Crowing
Sep 5, 2022
Central New Mexico
Hi All :frow

Can you please help with with the breed of these two? I rescued them, and was told there were bantams (which I have never had). My husband says they are too big for a bantam.

Any guesses would be appreciated. They can fly 🦅

Thanks much!

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    758.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    740.5 KB · Views: 8
They're American game fowl. The darker one looks like it could be male judging by the pointed saddle feathers starting to come in, plus the big comb. It might be what they call a 'hennie' or cross of that type of game fowl. The lighter one is for sure a female.
Thank you 😊 I should have added I knew the darker one is a roo and the lighter one a hen.

I need to research more - is American Game Fowl pretty broad - does is include bantam? Thanks again!

Look like American Gamefowl to me, as for what line...unless you can find the owners no one can really tell you much about that.

@sdm111 @MysteryChicken
Rooster is a Henny Brown Red, strain, or variety of American Game will be tricky to identify since alot of them share alot of similarities to one another.

Good clues they have though, is the white shanks, & modified pea combs, as a few strains have the trait.

Thank you 😊 I should have added I knew the darker one is a roo and the lighter one a hen.

I need to research more - is American Game Fowl pretty broad - does is include bantam? Thanks again!
American Gamefowl are very broad. They do have a bantam variety often called Minis, or Miniature American Gamefowl, but they're very rare.

I am working on a line of Minis, that's not bantam though. Body shape, & stance are distinct from the rest that exist out there, so there's no confusion with mine once finished.
20240128_132222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom