I am new to chickens can I have some advice please?

Whats is the best breed (in general)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chickenlover9090

In the Brooder
Dec 29, 2017
Western Australia
Hi i just got some chickens (2 Buff Orpingtons,1 silkie,1 australorp) and I just wanted some good advice on raising chickens that are all 8 weeks old and there name are (buff orpingtons are {Coco,Chilli} and the silkie is {Mojo} and the australorp is {Pearl} because she is a shiny pearl color) :idunno:ya:highfive:

Hi and welcome you are in the right place. There is lots of information in the learning centre under raising chicks that will be helpful.
A good start for the moment is to ensure you have them in a predator proof enclosure, access to good continuous feed and clean water.

Welcome to BYC!
My girls are 21 weeks old now, getting so grown up:)
From day 1, I hand fed them a few times perday-food availale all the time, but to get them used to me. I held them, talked to them. Now, at 21 weeks, they come running to see me, jump up on my lap, but since they're teenager chickens they dont like being petted. Theyre curious and peck at me, if they get too serious with the pecking I just start petting them and they back off lol
Enjoy your new chickies!!

Buff Orpingtons are sweet, friendly, good layers, and stay warm during the winter because they are very fluffy! Also they are pretty-the roosters are shiny gold. And I think they’re also pretty good at defending the flock.

Back
Top Bottom