Hybrid Pheasants

If they don’t commonly cross how do you get the hybrids?
While its not a common occurance, a pheasant and chicken can crossbreed, but it's a "dead end" street. The offspring between a pheasant and chicken will be sterile...usually, there are some reports of the offspring being fertile but I have not found any positive proof of it, other than hear say.

While its not a common occurance, a pheasant and chicken can crossbreed, but it's a "dead end" street. The offspring between a pheasant and chicken will be sterile, usually, there are some reports of the offspring being fertile but I have not found any positive proof of it, other than hear say.
I have a book about avian crosses and it says the silver pheasant and chicken will cross and the males are partially fertile.

ACA1A568-A989-4033-A9AF-2FFBC22A9517.jpeg
What's the title of the book and who is the author?

What's the title of the book and who is the author?
I made a mistake saying the book said the males were partially fertile I read that somewhere else apparently the book says that most die as embryos. But I have read accounts else where that say the cross produces partially viable males. Just clearing that up as I don’t want to spread misinformation.

Back
Top Bottom