Humidity - How To Measure It Without ANY Tool

_Featherian

Chirping
Mar 5, 2024
Hello!
I will be soon incubating 6 Ayam Cemani eggs with 1-2 white eggs of mine.

How will I know how much humidity to put in this incubator? I added measurements in the photos, in case it could maybe help to answer that question.

I don’t have a hygrometer or any other tool to measure that. I hope it’s possible to have the right humidity percentage without those?

So yeah, please simply tell me how many glass of water will I need to add for the first 18 days and for the rest of the days? Thank you

2F1E0073-4D19-483E-BA7D-B0009576C2F4.jpeg

1D3DC9BC-CB34-4642-9565-FBFF4EC2D0B7.jpeg

136E3857-7EA7-4FE3-9B3E-304A90284CA2.jpeg

We cant guess the humidity, it also differs if your outside humidity is high or low. Generally though you can do a dry run for the first 18 days, 25%-40% humidity is fine for example. You can just add a little bit of water each time.

Last 3 days is vital to have high humidity though, 60%+

Hello!
I will be soon incubating 6 Ayam Cemani eggs with 1-2 white eggs of mine.

How will I know how much humidity to put in this incubator? I added measurements in the photos, in case it could maybe help to answer that question.

I don’t have a hygrometer or any other tool to measure that. I hope it’s possible to have the right humidity percentage without those?

So yeah, please simply tell me how many glass of water will I need to add for the first 18 days and for the rest of the days? Thank you

View attachment 3788124
View attachment 3788126
View attachment 3788128
You can incubate successfully without knowing what the actual humidity is. You can weigh the eggs to determine weight loss and/or mark and follow the development of the air cell.

You can learn the ambient humidity of your area from any of the weather channels available to you but make sure you are checking your local weather. If your ambient humidity is 60% or higher, you will not need to add any water during the incubation stage (days 1 through 18). You will need to add water for the final 3 days.

Read Hatching Eggs 101 by @Sally Sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom