Huge poops with fermented feed?

Beaker99

hillbilly extraordinaire
Mar 31, 2022
Missouri Ozarks
So, started fermenting feed about a week ago. They get it in the morning and then free access to pellets. Girls are outside eating what they can forage.
Anyway, there are massive poops now. Like egg size or bigger. I am not concerned, just was curious if this usually happens.

So, started fermenting feed about a week ago. They get it in the morning and then free access to pellets. Girls are outside eating what they can forage.
Anyway, there are massive poops now. Like egg size or bigger. I am not concerned, just was curious if this usually happens
Are your birds just reaching laying age or have they been laying for a while? I do not ferment my feed, but the closer my pullets got to POL, the bigger their poops got. Not ALL the poops are egg-sized, but some were, and I was like :eek: .

Are your birds just reaching laying age or have they been laying for a while? I do not ferment my feed, but the closer my pullets got to POL, the bigger their poops got. Not ALL the poops are egg-sized, but some were, and I was like :eek: .
They are all laying. 11 months old. I had one with a consistent dirty which is why I gave it a try. Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom