How to Feed Mixed Flock

I have ducks geese and chickens and they all eat a Non GMO layer feed which is for chickens. I mix 2 to 1 layer to 6 way scratch so the boys in my flock don't get as much calcium and I also put out oyster shell in a separate bowl so the layers have extra calcium.
All flock will work too just set out oyster shell.
If I could get an all flock in NON GMO I would buy that.
If your birds are adults then some Nutritional yeast sprinkled over their feed once in a while would give the ducks some extra niacin.

I have ducks geese and chickens and they all eat a Non GMO layer feed which is for chickens. I mix 2 to 1 layer to 6 way scratch so the boys in my flock don't get as much calcium and I also put out oyster shell in a separate bowl so the layers have extra calcium.
All flock will work too just set out oyster shell.
Alright! I wasn’t sure if niacin issues were a life long thing I needed to always be adding yeast for. Thank you very much.

Purina flock raiser with oyster shell on the side free choice.. excellent results, no supplementation required.. chicks, chickens, ducks, ducklings, roosters all did well long term with NO angel wing or deficiency.

I called the company to verify niacin content since it isn't required by law to be listed on the tag.

Jumbo Pekin breed ducks MIGHT need higher levels of niacin. Most other breeds will not.

Purina flock raiser with oyster shell on the side free choice.. excellent results, no supplementation required.. chicks, chickens, ducks, ducklings, roosters all did well long term with NO angel wing or deficiency.

I called the company to verify niacin content since it isn't required by law to be listed on the tag.

Jumbo Pekin breed ducks MIGHT need higher levels of niacin. Most other breeds will not.
Thank you so much!

i have welsh Harleys! Thank you all

Thank you so much!

i have welsh Harleys! Thank you all
Pics, or it didn't happen! ;)

I know some folks like to use "pellets" to feed their ducks for less mess and the purina FR is only available in crumbles in my area any more. Correct feeders, feeder height, placement, even water placement, etc all effect the mess level.

All feeds, in the US have the correct age and species they are appropriate for printed (not pictured) somewhere on the bag, by law. There is so much marketing without a lot of regulation on terms that labels can be quite confusing to any average consumer. When in doubt of a specific one.. always feel free to contact the company directly or to post your question here.

Note, purina is readily available to me, freshly milled, at a price I can afford. Dumor has come along way over the years. If I had easy access, I would use Kalmbach feed, it smelled so good. So if you have something specific to your region, it might be worth checking out.

Pics, or it didn't happen! ;)

I know some folks like to use "pellets" to feed their ducks for less mess and the purina FR is only available in crumbles in my area any more. Correct feeders, feeder height, placement, even water placement, etc all effect the mess level.

All feeds, in the US have the correct age and species they are appropriate for printed (not pictured) somewhere on the bag, by law. There is so much marketing without a lot of regulation on terms that labels can be quite confusing to any average consumer. When in doubt of a specific one.. always feel free to contact the company directly or to post your question here.

Note, purina is readily available to me, freshly milled, at a price I can afford. Dumor has come along way over the years. If I had easy access, I would use Kalmbach feed, it smelled so good. So if you have something specific to your region, it might be worth checking out.
Are there any other good brands? Also, I’d love to give you photos , but they’re in shipping right now!

Back
Top Bottom