How to connect strips of welded wire fencing...

PJCluck

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
Living Free in NH
I asked before, not sure anyone saw it, got no answers.

What's the best way to fasten strips of 60-inch welded wire fencing together for the 'roof' of my run? Also to connect an apron of 48-inch welded wire fence to the bottom of the existing fence?

I'd use plain wire, and tie it all along, but that will take too long and too much effort and I do not trust it. Someone here mentioned something that made me think of clip-on O-rings or some such thing. Any ideas?

cage clips. You can get them at TSC in their rabbit cage section. I will post a couple pics for you so you know what I'm talking about.. Just give me about 20 mins or so.

Last edited:
ok, here they are. They are actually called "J Clips" and like I said, I bought mine at Tractor Supply but many other farm supply stores should have them as well. The crimping tool that I bought was like 10 dollars and the clips were I think 5 or 6 dollars for 100. Hope this helps!
smile.png

DSC05852.jpg

DSC05850.jpg

DSC05851.jpg

Another option would be Loxit rings. I prefer these myself. Just pick what you think you will like using the best.

Here is how I did my roof seams...
42454_hardware_cloth_seams_001.jpg

Here is how I used them to attach the hardware cloth to the chain link kennel...
42454_hardware_cloth_seams_002.jpg

Quote:
That's nice too!
smile.png
Where do you get them and what do they cost? What kind of tool do you use to close them and how much does it cost? !

Quote:
That's nice too!
smile.png
Where do you get them and what do they cost? What kind of tool do you use to close them and how much does it cost? !

I get mine from gqf manufacturing. Much cheaper by the time you include shipping. I got the #6004 pliers, and the 6003 Loxit rings. I've been through about 15lbs of rings so far this year. The rings I use are a little larger than the other choice they offer. The bigger opening makes it easier to finagle them into place, especially in cumbersome places. If they don't quite tighten up, I back the pliers off a little after crimping and squeeze the ring tighter.

https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_listItems.asp

Last edited:
I have used both and also much prefer the rings over the clips. They come in several sizes, but I like the smaller ones. They are amazingly strong. You can get them several places. I haven't had to order them in several years because last time I bought them in bulk, but I got them from Morton Jones (think they have a website if you google them). There are several other places to get them though. I think I saw that Cutlers has them in several sizes too if I am remember correctly.

Thanks very much to all for your advice. I just ordered 5 lbs of loxit rings and the pliers from GQF. Onward with the run. My chicks are getting restless to get outside!

Back
Top Bottom