How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I counted 9 today but I'm pretty sure one was from yesterday, we had to go to a funeral service and when we left our Miss Lucy was in the box.
Now we have hurricane sandy coming our way ( our school is already closed for tomorrow) so we will be home. I'm figuring I might have to try to keep them in the coop all day, maybe they won't want to go out anyway.

I have had 1 a day for 3 days, my first eggs from my young pulletts.. Today I found 2 in the nest box!!! One was broken but all there so it looks like I have 2 girls laying now. I just need to figure out how to make them keep the bedding in the nest boxes so the eggs don't have such a hard surface to land on. For some reason they like to clean out the boxes and throw the straw on the floor.
Mine clean out their boxes too! I'm constantly refilling them with straw or shredded paper.

12/12 yesterday!!!!!!
wee.gif
*celebrate god times, COME ON!* *cough* cough* i'm good. :p

8 must be our lucky number, even during a " hurricane" they kept right on laying. They also played outside all day in the wind and rain as if it was a beautiful sunny day.

Back
Top Bottom