How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Interesting egg day.

There were three eggs in two nesting boxes, and Naomi, a Dominique, was squatting in the third box. I put some grape bits in the flock's "treat" tray and Naomi came running waddling over, her fluffy butt hanging low. I picked her up and a damp egg fell down! It didn't crack, thankfully.

I left the run for a few minutes but when I came back in to clean out their watering tub I heard a crunch, and saw where I had stepped on an egg near the door...but it was a fairy egg!
IMG_20240313_165939515~2.jpg

Both events were firsts for me.

IMG_20240313_171308220~2.jpg

Oh, and the fairy egg didn't have a yolk.

2 today..one from Flossy and one from Jade (I think). The cream colored Banty egg is bigger than the white Banty egg. I can’t be sure but I think my smallest hen is laying the smallest eggs, so this one must be from Jade.

Attachments

• IMG_4969.jpeg
    IMG_4969.jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 2
Interesting egg day.

There were three eggs in two nesting boxes, and Naomi, a Dominique, was squatting in the third box. I put some grape bits in the flock's "treat" tray and Naomi came running waddling over, her fluffy butt hanging low. I picked her up and a damp egg fell down! It didn't crack, thankfully.

I left the run for a few minutes but when I came back in to clean out their watering tub I heard a crunch, and saw where I had stepped on an egg near the door...but it was a fairy egg!
View attachment 3771188

Both events were firsts for me.

View attachment 3771187
Oh, and the fairy egg didn't have a yolk.
I picked up a pullet to put her in a nest box so she wouldn’t lay on the hay, and plop! And egg dropped from her onto the barn floor - they chickens had grand time eating that!

Now I just leave them be, have to say everyone seems to be laying it the nest boxes - got 17 eggs today.

Back
Top Bottom