How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Ohhhh, no! What a shock, so sad... 😲 Was she an old girl? Obviously she'd seemed fine before; so sorry you've lost your sweet girl.😢
No, she wasn’t even a year yet. No signs of anything, one of the flock leaders, laid an egg yesterday morning. 😞
I'm very sorry you lost your girl. :hugs
Thank you. ❤️

No, she wasn’t even a year yet. No signs of anything, one of the flock leaders, laid an egg yesterday morning. 😞

Thank you. ❤️
Sorry about your loss. I had a similar experience with one of my 8 month old barred rock pullets. I didn't notice any problems with her on Thanksgiving day, and the next morning she was cold on the floor of the run.

After pushing my squeamishness out of the way I did a necropsy on her and found that she had been laying internally. I think that's what did her in.

I collected 11 before I had to leave for work. I got a surprise when I collected them. Jersey Gena looks like she is going broody. She didn’t fight me for the eggs so I don’t think she is completely committed yet but she’s definitely showing signs. I guess when I get home early tomorrow morning I’ll check for more eggs and see if Gena sleeps on top of them or goes up to roost.
IMG_4309.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom