How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Do you really have 60 birds not laying???:ducI stopped butchering years ago but that would be incentive enough to sharpen my knives again! Best regards from 3D
Well, one girl is out from wry neck (still trying to heal this), I have 7 roosters, over 20 young girls that haven't started laying yet, over 15 'retired' girls, you get the idea. Just waiting right now, and all my chickens once they stop laying they are considered a 'pet' so I don't usually cull them. :)

Those are some crazy birds! We have 3 and they’re completely nuts.

Only 8 eggs today.
Really? Our Sapphire is friendly, sweet, quiet, and lays large beautiful light brown eggs almost daily. We are thinking of getting more next year (we didn’t know how she would lay until this years order was already placed). But she’s one of our top 3 in laying & personality!

Really? Our Sapphire is friendly, sweet, quiet, and lays large beautiful light brown eggs almost daily. We are thinking of getting more next year (we didn’t know how she would lay until this years order was already placed). But she’s one of our top 3 in laying & personality!
Ours are friendly but they just crazy chickens. They’ve got them crazy eyes! And will jump up and take anything out of your hands even if it’s not food.

Where did you get yours? I’ll make sure I don’t order that breed from there. Lol. Ours is very calm. My son picked her out and she’s very gentle.
I got them from TSC. I don’t normally buy from there but I needed some friends for my poor little lone survivor from last years Bantam Cochin shipment. They spent 3 nights in transit and 1 out of 12 made the trip.

I got them from TSC. I don’t normally buy from there but I needed some friends for my poor little lone survivor from last years Bantam Cochin shipment. They spent 3 nights in transit and 1 out of 12 made the trip.
I only have one. She is mild and minds her business. She is with some rough girls though (RIR, Leghorns).

Back
Top Bottom