How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

5 eggs from 4 chickens. The latest one laying is probably oh 2 months or so laying now.
One of the eggs is probably about half the size of what they normally are. Is this normal to occasionally get a smaller egg or more than one a day? I get it, new layers can put out small eggs as they learn the way it all works but wouldn't laying for 2 months now be long enough for them to get the hang of it?

Aaron

5 eggs from 4 chickens. The latest one laying is probably oh 2 months or so laying now.
One of the eggs is probably about half the size of what they normally are. Is this normal to occasionally get a smaller egg or more than one a day? I get it, new layers can put out small eggs as they learn the way it all works but wouldn't laying for 2 months now be long enough for them to get the hang of it?

Aaron
Some pullets can take a long time to sort out their egg laying. I've had hens who didn't give me decent sized eggs until they were going on a year old, and some who had large eggs right from the start :idunno

It's building up slowly as more of my hens begin there egg laying.
20210310_204304.jpg

Some pullets can take a long time to sort out their egg laying. I've had hens who didn't give me decent sized eggs until they were going on a year old, and some who had large eggs right from the start :idunno
so it can take a while then. Ok. I had one that was laying HUGE eggs about a week after she started, I mean eggs to the point of where I was wincing and going owww, that butt must be stinging after that one! The thing looked like a goose egg, and I couldn't close the egg carton with it in there! One got into it within a few weeks, and this one, who seems to be taking her sweet time to sort it all out.

Aaron

so it can take a while then. Ok. I had one that was laying HUGE eggs about a week after she started, I mean eggs to the point of where I was wincing and going owww, that butt must be stinging after that one! The thing looked like a goose egg, and I couldn't close the egg carton with it in there! One got into it within a few weeks, and this one, who seems to be taking her sweet time to sort it all out.

Aaron
I love the way you always go into the little details 😂

Back
Top Bottom