How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

My flock isn't done yet today, but I found a wee egg this morning
View attachment 2039421
How often do they lay "a wee" egg ? I guess i just assumed once thet layed for a season everything would be pretty normal. I got one that i thought a bird must have decided to use a nest box, and one i swore my neighbor got from an ostrich and planted in my coop.

How often do they lay "a wee" egg ? I guess i just assumed once thet layed for a season everything would be pretty normal. I got one that i thought a bird must have decided to use a nest box, and one i swore my neighbor got from an ostrich and planted in my coop.
Look at these funny tiny blue things that were my Runner ducks 1st eggs!!! I ended up with 3 tiny ones before the size increased, a couple soft eggs then all to normal.
20200310_131815.jpg

14 eggs here today. We found 2 eggs under the big coop. Don't know if they were laid today or earlier in the week, but I'm counting them with today's eggs anyway.
Edited: Also I plan to show the 6 year old grandson the veins on the eggs in the incubator! They are due to hatch around the 26/27 or maybe a little later. Temps were a bit low the first couple of days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom