How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

F9F15E58-2679-45A7-B3AB-3824F46BA2B9.jpeg
669D9331-D760-4AD6-83EC-F9375371A911.jpeg
7BBABB26-B3EE-4DDA-AD91-70191EFBCFC9.jpeg
914E0C88-7056-46A1-A89E-81A646E1C39F.jpeg
Here’s pictures of the rat holes from this morning. Plus the poison set up. It was hard to tell if the bait was eaten at all. I didn’t pay close attention to the size of it when the neighbor broke it off.

I also noticed yesterday afternoon a hole dug in the run against the logs that make a planter for some palms. This morning. There was a new fresh hole dug against another part of the planter. Like burrow holes. Not very deep. WTF.

I’ve done what I can for right now. I leave tomorrow for 2 weeks so it is what it is.

My stored plain pumpkin seeds started to mold. Apparently they weren’t quite dry enough- it’s really hard from dry stuff since it’s so humid here all the time. Anyway I picked thru each seed in the gallon bag (!) and vast majority were good. So roasted them all up with the various seasonings. I hope they’ll be ok now. Put them in snap lid containers.

I didn't close the door well and something got in and killed my blue laced red Wyandotte.
That's very sad. Just the one bird though? I guess that is the good part if there is one.

Zero, zip and nada!
:( I know that feeling! I got 1 again today. I hope the other 7 pullets decide to join in on the fun instead of the one laying deciding she isn't going to play if the rest of them aren't.

That's very sad. Just the one bird though? I guess that is the good part if there is one.

:( I know that feeling! I got 1 again today. I hope the other 7 pullets decide to join in on the fun instead of the one laying deciding she isn't going to play if the rest of them aren't.
I know! Right? Brown leghorn pullet decided to do a full molt!!!I really thought I’d be getting nice big white eggs this winter! :barnie

View attachment 1961692 View attachment 1961691 View attachment 1961693 View attachment 1961694 Here’s pictures of the rat holes from this morning. Plus the poison set up. It was hard to tell if the bait was eaten at all. I didn’t pay close attention to the size of it when the neighbor broke it off.

I also noticed yesterday afternoon a hole dug in the run against the logs that make a planter for some palms. This morning. There was a new fresh hole dug against another part of the planter. Like burrow holes. Not very deep. WTF.

I’ve done what I can for right now. I leave tomorrow for 2 weeks so it is what it is.

My stored plain pumpkin seeds started to mold. Apparently they weren’t quite dry enough- it’s really hard from dry stuff since it’s so humid here all the time. Anyway I picked thru each seed in the gallon bag (!) and vast majority were good. So roasted them all up with the various seasonings. I hope they’ll be ok now. Put them in snap lid containers.
Thanks for the pictures. I hope you get the buggers while you are gone!

only 4 or 5 eggs for me today. I did get a small egg, maybe a new egg layer, but it's not the color I was expecting! The only 3 I have that I didn't think had started laying yet are the 3 white leghorns. They should lay a white egg, but this egg was tan. So, maybe just a smaller egg fluke?

Back
Top Bottom