How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

8 eggs today and had another customer text and ask for 3 18 packs this week! That's not going to happen either, not unless the girls start kicking up their production!
Do the customers understand the seasonal drop off in production?

Checked the nest boxes when I got back from grocery shopping (12" snow event starting now!) and found a warmish egg so I'm guessing it was laid around 10:30 or 11. Still don't know who is laying but good for her! Maybe the other pullets will get the idea.

Mine have come out of it but just 2 of my older girls and my marans have started laying I have a 4 year old black copper marans 6 year old 2 EE twins 1 EO the twins trade off an on but have young sex links just started

Do the customers understand the seasonal drop off in production?

Checked the nest boxes when I got back from grocery shopping (12" snow event starting now!) and found a warmish egg so I'm guessing it was laid around 10:30 or 11. Still don't know who is laying but good for her! Maybe the other pullets will get the idea.

I always explain how the lack of daylight effects egg production. I always get the same response, " Really?!" But, yes, they seem to understand after I explain ( or re-explain).
I got 9 eggs today. I would have 2 dozen available but I used 2 to make brownies. I put some fresh pumpkin puree in them. I can't taste it but it made the brownie a lot more dense and moist.

Back
Top Bottom