How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

8 eggs today. No blues, 5 brown and 3 leghorn. Lots of feathers around the run.

Making more of the pumpkin seeds - the 3 proven ones. I might try a few new season mixes tomorrow.
My hubby said he was upset with me because of the pumpkin seeds. I asked him what he meant. He said he didn't really like pumpkin seeds before I made the seasoned ones!
:lau Now he loves them.
Thanks jlwquilter for the seasoning recipes!

Only 5 eggs today. No eggs from the unlighted coop.

My hubby said he was upset with me because of the pumpkin seeds. I asked him what he meant. He said he didn't really like pumpkin seeds before I made the seasoned ones!
:lau Now he loves them.
Thanks jlwquilter for the seasoning recipes!

Only 5 eggs today. No eggs from the unlighted coop.
Same thing here with my hubby. He said he didn’t like pumpkin seeds then I made the seasoned ones and he’s addicted - lol!

I’m cleaning the ‘brain pumpkins’ - light orange with deep grooves. I don’t like them at all. They are very hard to cut open and the seeds don’t clean up as easy as the seeds from regular pumpkins. The meat is very thick which I will see if the hens like to eat in the morning.

I’m thinking of ditching these brain pumpkins for seed collection. Too much work and time consuming. I have 2 more different kinds of pumpkins to open up and see what they’re like. Green pumpkins and speckled skinned pumpkins.

Three eggs today out of four pullets. I destroyed the nesting area where I found my Buff Orp’s hidden dozen eggs yesterday. I saw her headed that way and grabbed her, locking her up until she laid in the nest. It took several hours; the others came by and I put them inside too.

It worked! crossing my fingers for tomorrow.

@penny1960 Thanks for the suggestion a few days ago to check out amazon for the fruit picker. I was able to buy the basket without the pile for $14 vs $45 for the whole thing! I got the screw on type (the clamp on type was cheaper) and it screws onto several poles I already have, including a broom handle. The picker works fairly well for the limes and lemons. The fruit is firmly attached to the branches so it takes a fair amount of tugging to get the fruit to come off. Bit it works. It would super great for fruit that’s not so attached to its tree - like apples and such. So thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Back
Top Bottom