How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Condolences my friend. Hades has frozen over here and they're serving ice cream 6 out of 6 today.
Sad day for me. Lost Blondie this morning.View attachment 1277634 She was egg bound. She's the girl on the left, with her best friend, who is at the bottom of the totem pole. She was last to lay and was the runt of the flock and worked her way up to the top.
She was my favorite. I miss her so. Rest in peace Blondie.
4/4 today. GC

8 from 8 for past two weeks the. Today I got 16? I only have 8 chickens how can I get 16. Yes I did collect the day before.
Three guesses:
1. you left the eggs from the day before instead of putting away after counting
2. your 8 hens invited 8 others from the neighborhood for a layover
3. you will get 0 eggs tomorrow because they wanted the day off so worked double shifts! :lol:

We got today:
1 = Dasher's, :)
1 = Missy's, :D &
0 = Donner's :hmm

14 from the main coop and two banty, I did pry two silky eggs from broody silky with the two ameracauna eggs under her she is taking all the eggs in that coop they should hatch in about 2 weeks I think cannot figure just when I slipped those eggs under her

Three guesses:
1. you left the eggs from the day before instead of putting away after counting
2. your 8 hens invited 8 others from the neighborhood for a layover
3. you will get 0 eggs tomorrow because they wanted the day off so worked double shifts! :lol:

We got today:
1 = Dasher's, :)
1 = Missy's, :D &
0 = Donner's :hmm
You’re more correct then you know. My neibor has 12 chickens. I guess the girls had invited over some friends for tea. As a thank you 8 of them left eggs. They did say they really liked my nest boxes better. Come to think of it I was going threw a lot of food the past few days. Last night I went to do a head count and my hens were having a sleep over. I found my Neigbors 12+ my 8 all roosting. I was shocked.

:gig

The problem with adding new adults is usually "how to integrate them". Your hens and your neighbor's seem quite amenable to integration without pecking order issues.

Now, since their hens are eating your food and sleeping in your "bed" it seems only fair that they should pay you for any eggs they get from your nest boxes ;)

Back
Top Bottom