How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

1f31e.png
and 59F. Found 2 in nest at 5am open. The 2 slackers from yesterday couldn't wait to pop em out.
1f432.png

5/5 today.GC

She has an impacted crop. She at too much mowed grass and it is balled up tight in her crop
Oh, Ok. I have never had to deal with that, but I have heard that some people have good luck with massaging the crop. I hope she is able to clear out her crop.
fl.gif

We had a decent day 65 here but that is pretty normal this time of year
mostly dry bit of sprinkles late evening... We ended the day with 13 of 18
That's not a bad egg count. I hope you had a great Easter
smile.png

20/21 - just wondering, someone mentioned that their hens eat more and lay better w/ crumbles? Vs. pellets? Any truth?
I haven't really noticed a difference in egg count. I prefer pellets because I feel like my chickens waste too much with crumbles. They always have a bunch of it on the ground which doesn't happen when I feed them pellets. It'll be interesting to see how others feel about it.

17 eggs today. Candled some of the eggs that the broody Barred Rock is sitting on. 3 were clear, 2 were rotten (she had started to eat those), 2 were pretty full with some movement, 1 was at the "big eye" stage and 2 had veining. I think there were 2 more I didn't get too, I was tired of getting pecked. If she hasn't hatched anything by the end of the month, I'm going to try to break her because she has been sitting on a nest for a very long time!

on the food my girls seem to prefer the pellets
egg count was just 8 need to move some birds into the grow
out coop on by one find out who lays who doesn't maybe a few
more into the new coop before others are in them of 18 birds
and only getting tops was 15 or 16 eggs

Back
Top Bottom