How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Man, what's wrong with people. Why would someone shoot a wild mule? That's not fun or even sporting.
he.gif
somad.gif

I hope whoever did it either gets caught or just goes away and leaves the mules alone.

You know karenerwin, if it was for food I would never say anything but you are right there is nothing sporting about it , and it is just plain stupid
rant.gif

Monday egg collection .

Chicken eggs found 8 two were set aside for the incubator . I sold some chicks to a neighbor yesterday so I went over to inspect the housing for the new additions and funny as it sounds these people wanted to feed the chicks wild bird seed not chick feed so I spent an hour explaining the care of chick the sad part is I don't think one part sank in .

Turkey egg 1

Temps low 80's with light winds and clear skys
clap.gif

I have 4 laying hens and have been getting 4 a day lately! Gotta love Spring!

My wee ones (1 mo old), two are white, sold to me as "Ameraucana" and I believe they are actually crossed with WL... can anyone tell me if their eggs will be white? Blue? Beige? Truly curious now that I can clearly see they are feathering in very white. If this is the wrong place to ask, please accept my apology.

I have 4 laying hens and have been getting 4 a day lately! Gotta love Spring!

My wee ones (1 mo old), two are white, sold to me as "Ameraucana" and I believe they are actually crossed with WL... can anyone tell me if their eggs will be white? Blue? Beige? Truly curious now that I can clearly see they are feathering in very white. If this is the wrong place to ask, please accept my apology.
I would need to know a bit more about the chicks. Do they have beards & muffs? What color are their legs? They are most likely Easter Eggers (EE's) and if that is the case their eggs could be blue, green, olive, pink or tan. I am not knowledgeable about true Ameraucanas, as I have never had any. I believe that I have read that they are tailless. Do your birds have tail feathers?

You know karenerwin, if it was for food I would never say anything but you are right there is nothing sporting about it , and it is just plain stupid
rant.gif

Monday egg collection .

Chicken eggs found 8 two were set aside for the incubator . I sold some chicks to a neighbor yesterday so I went over to inspect the housing for the new additions and funny as it sounds these people wanted to feed the chicks wild bird seed not chick feed so I spent an hour explaining the care of chick the sad part is I don't think one part sank in .

Turkey egg 1

Temps low 80's with light winds and clear skys
clap.gif
That's sad too. We all know it's the chicks who will suffer. They may survive but not be as vigorous as they should be or they may just not make it. ( Then, I'm sure it would be all your fault (as seen through the eyes of your neighbor)
th.gif

15 eggs today. Haven't seen any little chicks yet, but also have not lifted broody off of the nest. I may do that tonight when I lock everyone up.

sitting here amazed at my ladies I have my 13 even though for 3 days my ldg has
been raising havoc with the birds she is just 6 months great pyrenees being a puppy forgot her mind
and is trying to play tag with them

Back
Top Bottom