How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Beautiful olive egg!!!! Congrats!!
one of these days I'll learn how to post. Thank you!
263a.png

karenerwin, do you think you could send us some snow well at least for our mountain top as they melted off today ..

Saturday

Chicken eggs 7 found

Temp 84F degrees so I had to stop working by 11 am . nice day clear skys and no wind not even a cool breeze .
Gander, I was all set to gather up the snow to send to you, but it all melted about an hour after it stopped!! We didn't even get an inch.

Monday

Chickens 9 eggs found but the barn was cleaned out of eggs
sad.png
and I thought I was going to have a great day . Four eggs went into the incubator
wee.gif

Goose, the girls are still trading off on sitting on the nest and some times two at a time are sitting
lau.gif

Yep they are all EE chicks
smile.png

Yes fore hatched by the late evening
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I must be doing something right
big_smile.png

Temp, 85F degrees all day and 75F at 4am I guess it is spring now . So how many still haven't changed all the clocks yet ?

Monday Chickens 9 eggs found but the barn was cleaned out of eggs :( and I thought I was going to have a great day . Four eggs went into the incubator :weee Goose, the girls are still trading off on sitting on the nest and some times two at a time are sitting :lau Yep they are all EE chicks :) Yes fore hatched by the late evening :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy I must be doing something right :D Temp, 85F degrees all day and 75F at 4am I guess it is spring now . So how many still haven't changed all the clocks yet ?
Awwww they are so adorable! I've been checking out incubators for well over a week and cannot make up my mind. Which one are you using? I'm wanting one for goose eggs since my girls refuse to sit on them unless they're laying.

How in the world can you handle that weather??? I was born and grew up 28 years in Chicago when the weather there was much worse than it is there now. There is NO WAY I could live there now!!! I go into hybernation at temps under 40. We got an inch of snow this morning and now its melted and 40*, and all I can think of is moving further SOUTH
Yeah, I don't like the cold and snow either, but I've lived here all my life.
I have a good paying job that I like and I still have a few years before retirement.
But I so much want to move to a warmer climate. Hopefully my lottery numbers will come up soon and I'm so outta here.
Here's a pic of my girls around noon today
They are so happy I covered the hardware cloth with plastic to keep out the wind and snow. There's a 1/4 inch gap at the top all around for ventilation. So much better than the last big storm when they stayed in the coop to keep out of the wind. Now I toss scratch under the coop to keep them occupied till the storm is over and I can use the snowblower to clear the pen.
5/5 today. GC

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't like the cold and snow either, but I've lived here all my life.

I have a good paying job that I like and I still have a few years before retirement.
But I so much want to move to a warmer climate. Hopefully my lottery numbers will come up soon and I'm so outta here.
Here's a pic of my girls around noon today
They are so happy I covered the hardware cloth with plastic to keep out the wind and snow. There's a 1/4 inch gap at the top all around for ventilation. So much better than the last big storm when they stayed in the coop to keep out of the wind. Now I toss scratch under the coop to keep them occupied.
5/5 today. GC

BRRR I couldn't handle it, I'm cold and it's 50 here.

Back
Top Bottom