How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

My sick chicken died last night... so now I'm down to 10 girls... kind sad, but in an oh well that's life sorta way. I mean yeah they are pets but I wouldn't have them if they didn't have a purpose anyways. I think right now I'm just relieved that we didn't have to put her down ourselves. And I know that probably sounds selfish but once we move we hour to get a rooster and grow our flock. At least what ever it was, she was sick it wasn't a predator, so as long as the others are ok I'm fine with that.

My sick chicken died last night... so now I'm down to 10 girls... kind sad, but in an oh well that's life sorta way. I mean yeah they are pets but I wouldn't have them if they didn't have a purpose anyways. I think right now I'm just relieved that we didn't have to put her down ourselves. And I know that probably sounds selfish but once we move we hour to get a rooster and grow our flock. At least what ever it was, she was sick it wasn't a predator, so as long as the others are ok I'm fine with that.
I am sorry you lost her and understand I like my birds but they have a purpose
lost one about a week ago my Barred Rocks rule may have been her demise
not sure but building a new coop put a few underlings from main coop into it
maybe not getting picked on then

awww I'm sorry you lost her. I know it's very hard to lose any of the girls. Hoping you can hold onto the rest and possibly add more to flock.

2639.png
2639.png
2639.png

18 Eggs Today

Cold and cloudy... had to cull The 3 yrd old Barred Rock, been suffering from internal laying & a 3 yr old faithful leghorn from prolapse The "little boy" in me was sobbing in sadness.
2639.png
1f622.png
1f915.png

Back
Top Bottom