How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

6 eggs from 7 laying...5 still not laying.

What I find amazing are the pullets that hatched in August. They are just starting to lay. Same mom and dad. Dad was a Bull Laced Polish. Mom is a barnyard mix. Three pullets laying. One pullet lays brown eggs, one lays white eggs, and one lays cream colored eggs. When you mix breed you never know what you'll get.

Yes, Blondie gave me an egg, a perfect score today. Lost track of time didn't get out to coop till 2pm, an hour late. Still 21F but mostly sunny now, still windy. Checked temp in coop, 34 yea. Sun doing wonders warming coop. Didn't have to worry about egg freezing this afternoon. Seems to be above freezing under coop, water was not frozen. Me and chickens are happy I put clear plastic over hardware cloth to keep out wind.
That is not Blondie in pic. That's Lovie checking for danger before stepping out. GC

Last edited:
I guess yesterday's day off for the hens was successful...lol.

Today - 31 eggs

And then I found 5 eggs behind the waterer that weren't there 2 days ago. So I'll assume they were yesterday's eggs because that would make the most sense.

So yesterday's 11 adjusted to 17...:gig

karenerwin, wow you almost got a 100% egg production day
thumbsup.gif

Thursday & Friday Alright I got the days correct this time

Chicken eggs 9
big_smile.png

Temp a nice a cool temp low 60's with very little wind
smile.png

9 girls in the barn who give most of the eggs all under a year old

4 girls in the disabled holding area, maybe 1 egg a day all over 2 years old

2 girls in the breeding coop

4 girls free ranging and most of their egg are under a shed or go to the crows ..

So 19 girls wow I did not know I had so many
lol.png
That's what I always say when I get around to counting how many I have! LOL.

Chicken Noodle soup day here. 21F, partly sunny, wind 23MPH, Gusting to 45, at Noon. Was 70F last Saturday. Forecast to go to 6F tonight.
Chickens hanging out under or near coop, till winds calm, then run back to coop when the wind ruffles their feathers. Been given them scratch under and around coop.
Need to check nests and empty ice out of rubber bowl under coop 4 times a day in temps of 25F or less. They have a heated fountain in the coop. So far no cracked frozen eggs this winter.
4/5 so far today. Last I looked Blondie was not outside or under coop, hope she's in nest box. GC
Wow, you are still having some pretty cold temps! We got up to 72, maybe higher, but that isn't really normal for this time of year. Makes me want to get the garden planted, but last year I jumped the gun and then everything frozen and I had to start over. So, I am trying to be patient.

17 eggs today.

Back
Top Bottom