How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

3 from the 4 Daps, 2 out of 5 old fat hens, 4/4 out of the Bant-pants, 1/2 from Sunlight and Starlight, and OF COURSE, none from Henny Penny!

I have a Henny Penny too!  How come your Henny Penny isn't laying?

My H.P. is an unknown-age, but probably 8+ yrs, RIR that was hit by a car, broke a leg and wing, and was rehabilitated by me a year ago- and never a single egg! She also has extreme hormonal imbalances- 2 spurs and a comb that seriously grows to the size and color of a rooster's, and by the next week it's as small as a pullet's comb!

Quote: My H.P. is an unknown-age, but probably 8+ yrs, RIR that was hit by a car, broke a leg and wing, and was rehabilitated by me a year ago- and never a single egg! She also has extreme hormonal imbalances- 2 spurs and a comb that seriously grows to the size and color of a rooster's, and by the next week it's as small as a pullet's comb!
ep.gif
Wow...she's lucky to be alive. She's lucky to have found you.

3 from the 4 Daps, 2 out of 5 old fat hens, 4/4 out of the Bant-pants, 1/2 from Sunlight and Starlight, and OF COURSE, none from Henny Penny!

I have a Henny Penny too!  How come your Henny Penny isn't laying?

My H.P. is an unknown-age, but probably 8+ yrs, RIR that was hit by a car, broke a leg and wing, and was rehabilitated by me a year ago- and never a single egg! She also has extreme hormonal imbalances- 2 spurs and a comb that seriously grows to the size and color of a rooster's, and by the next week it's as small as a pullet's comb!

:eek:  Wow...she's lucky to be alive.  She's lucky to have found you.

Yeah, though technically she's still a fugitive chicken- taken off of the owners' premises without permission. :lau

:th
Yup, the road totally owns some chickens!
:th

There was a laying farm up the street two miles or so with around 3,000 hens, so I think she is still sorely missed! ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom